Position Title: President/CEO/Managing Director
Supervisor’s Title: Board of Directors
Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Chamber’s services, products and economic development for chamber members.
Developing and maintaining a collaborative working relationship between the North Miami Chamber of Commerce, the North Miami CRA, City of North Miami Economic Development, other key business and public policy organizations, other regional chambers and other perspective regional organizations to develop a nurturing business environment for members.
- Development and implementation of the North Miami Chambers of Commerce Strategic Business Plan – Goals established by the Board.
- Chart/Update goal progression and hold the Board accountable.
- Coordinate Officer/Board/Chair development.
- Demonstrated skills in human resource development, team building and performance management.
- Assure effective and profitable operation through the use of human resources, financial resources, equipment, technology and processes in order to fulfill the goals of the organization.
- Responsible for all profit and loss, fiscal stability, budgeting and compliance.
- Provide timely communication with the Board, which includes all board meetings, including development of the agenda and execute the Board Governance Plan including the coordination of membership on Board Committees.
- Exceptional communication skills both in writing and orally with members, potential members, elected officials, media outlets and the Board of Directors.
- Assure sound business practices are used by all staff.
- Manage all programs and events sponsored by the Chamber.
- Develop or delegate all marketing and advertising of the Chamber events, outreach programs and partnership engagements.
- Lead in identifying and securing revenue generating opportunities that enhance membership benefits.
- Lead in other key initiatives as needed by the Chamber.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the Chamber.
- Have a strong understanding of the political landscape for collaboration with civic leadership and partner organizations.
- Recruitment of membership, sales and services.
- Engage in member communications at all times.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree is preferred but not a necessity. Related work experience will be considered in lieu of academic credentials.
- Five years related experience working in an executive position with personnel, financial and strategic responsibility.
- Supervisory experience with experience in planning, strategizing, recruiting and retention.
- Successfully managed a team with established and achievable goals sets.
- Five plus years in B2B sales and service.
- Must be self motivated
- Some social media and public relations experience is a plus.
- Reports directly to the executive board.
Pay: Base Salary, plus commission and bonuses.